Interconnectedness: Appreciating the Earth as a Living Being
- How respect for our Earth translates into our care for each other
- Recognizing disconnection as a source of anxiety, and methods to feel reconnected
- Exploring your own personal sense of how to find joy in your surroundings
- The importance of promoting natural solutions that are not all derived from technology
- Taking the time to understand how nature communicates with us, and the valuable guidance it provides
Spring Washam is a meditation teacher, shamanic practitioner, author and one of the founders and core teachers at the East Bay Meditation Center. She trained extensively with Jack Kornfield and is a member of the teacher’s council at Spirit Rock Meditation Center. Washam is the founder of Lotus Vine Journeys, an organization that blends indigenous healing practices with Buddhist wisdom, and has practiced and studied Buddhist philosophy for the last 20 years.
Washam is the author of A Fierce Heart: Finding Strength, Courage and Wisdom in Any Moment. For more information about her work, visit www.springwasham.com.