The Power of Coming Together: Cultivating a Compassionate Response to Climate Change
- How to have calm influence on others in order to guide them in adopting better behaviors toward the planet
- Lifting up and promoting others who are trying to take positive action for our Planet
- Unlearning negative behaviors that deter others who might want to contribute
- Practices and tools that offer support in times of collapse
- The hope and inclusivity we get from contributing our compassion and our time to the Planet
Kristin Barker is co-founder and director of One Earth Sangha, whose goal is to support humanity in a transformative response to ecological crises based on the insights and practices of the Buddhist tradition. She is a teacher and board member with the Insight Meditation Community of Washington (DC) and graduate of the Community Dharma Leader program through Spirit Rock.
Her life’s work has been guided by her deep commitment to environmental and social justice. Barker is a GreenFaith Fellow and also serves on the advisory boards of Project Inside Out and the Buddhist-Catholic Dialogue on Climate Change.
Barker holds a Master’s in Environmental Management from Duke University. Her website is oneearthsangha.org.