Lessons from Nature: How Leaders and Organizations Can Thrive and Evolve
- Examples of successful leadership that are inspired by nature’s model
- Recognizing that nature works on a network, and how we can apply this to our leadership
- Learning from nature’s example of engaging all interconnected parts, not only those at the top of the hierarchy
- How nature’s example of building on mutualistic relationships can teach us to work together in our organizations
- Inspiring people to be leaders who promote being part of planetary sustainability
Kathleen Allen, Ph.D., is President of Allen and Associates, a leadership coach, and facilitator of organizational change and organizational development. She works at the intersection of leadership, innovation, and systems change. Allen has a doctorate in leadership from the University of San Diego and has consulted for non-profits, for profits, foundations and educational institutions.
Kathleen Allen is the author of Leading from the Roots: Nature Inspired Leadership Lessons for Today’s World, which looks at organizations as living systems and firmly anchors leadership in the soil of nature. She has written many articles and contributed to a variety of books including The Transforming Leader: New Approaches to Leadership for the Twenty-first Century; and Innovation in Environmental Leadership: Critical Perspectives. Her website is kathleenallen.net.