A World of Belonging: The Earth’s Loving Embrace
Kaira Jewel Lingo
- Practices that bring deeper meaning to our relationship with Earth and the environment
- Drawing on the Earth to relieve the suffering of our ancestors
- The power of walking meditation in natural environments to connect us with the Earth
- Shifting our mindset from what we want now to what we want for the future
- How to move others to consider and protect the vulnerability of life around us
Kaira Jewel Lingo teaches Buddhist meditation, mindfulness, and compassion, with an emphasis on activists, people of color, artists, educators, families, and youth. She helped to start and develop Wake Up Schools, bringing mindfulness to education, and teaches educators in the Mindful Schools’ year-long certification program. Kaira graduated from Stanford University with a B.A. and M.A. in Anthropology and Social Sciences.
Kaira edited Thich Nhat Hanh’s Planting Seeds: Practicing Mindfulness with Children. An ordained nun in Thich Nhat Hanh’s Order of Interbeing, she is now a lay Dharma teacher, leading retreats in the U.S. and internationally. Her website is www.kairajewel.com.