Alive, Awake and Aware: Embracing Our Animal Spirit
- Discovering the wisdom of our animal senses to expand our understanding of ourselves
- Mending our severed relationship with the Earth and building practical and sacred connections
- Incorporating the role of mystical traditions in protecting the Earth
- Listening to the language and dialect of all-natural life forms to awaken our bond to the Earth
- Honoring that every member of this wider community has its own wisdom and way of being
David Abram, Ph.D., is a philosopher, cultural ecologist, visionary, and performance artist, best known for his work bridging phenomenology with environmental/ecological issues. David is the founder and creative director of the Alliance of Wild Ethics (AWE). His work has helped catalyze the emergence of several new disciplines, including eco-psychology.
David is the author of Becoming Animal: An Earthly Cosmology (2010) and The Spell of Sensuous: Perception and Language in a More-than-Human World (1996), for which he received the international Lannan Literary Award for Nonfiction. His essays on the cultural causes and consequences of environmental disarray are published in numerous magazines, scholarly journals, and anthologies. His website is wildethics.org.