Leaning into the Wisdom of Nature
- How nature can inspire positive change and transformation in leaders
- What we can do to apply organizational leadership to nature and the climate
- How natural surroundings can inspire new channels of creativity within us
- How nature helps us recognize that we are able to repurpose ourselves at any age or any stage of our lives
- How to draw on nature for enlightenment no matter where you are, in any landscape
Chip Conley is a boutique hotel entrepreneur who helped Airbnb’s founders turn their tech start-up into a global hospitality brand. After selling the company he started at age 26, Joie de Vivre Hospitality, Chip could have retired at age 52. He then transitioned to serve as Airbnb’s Head of Global Hospitality & Strategy—while also being CEO Brian Chesky’s mentor—and continues today as a Strategic Advisor to the company’s leadership.
Conley built the world’s first “midlife wisdom school,” the Modern Elder Academy, with a 3-acre oceanfront campus in Baja California Sur, Mexico. He is an active mentor to six young CEO founders in the hospitality/tech world, and serves on the board of Encore.org and the advisory board for the Stanford Center for Longevity.
Chip’s New York Times bestselling manifesto on ageism, Wisdom@Work: The Making of a Modern Elder, is inspired by his experience of being both a mentor and an intern in his 50s. His website is chipconley.com.